Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Miniature Cake Inspiration #1


I was looking through photographs of miniature cakes on the web and saw some really cute ones that I love to do as a quilled cake. Most of the ones I saw on the web are created using polymer clay, and I wondered if I could do them using paper :)

Here's the first one I created and will be the first for this Series of Miniature Cakes inspired by existing cakes from the web.


Here's the inspiration cake. Photo from Kaboodle.com


And here's my version of the miniature cake.


Miniature Quilled Cake
Quilled Cake



Miniature Quilled Cake

The toppings included quilled strawberries, quilled blueberries, kiwi - seeds were made using a toothpick and pen ink, orange and green leaves for embellishment.





Miniature Quilled Cake
Quilled Cake

I covered the top with Elmer's glue and dried it using a hair dryer to make it shiny.


Miniature Quilled Cake



Hope you like it!


No comments:

Post a Comment